Description of Volunteer Positions
03 12, 13
Patrick Allison will serve as the Site Coordinator for the Winter Relief project. He will be overseeing all aspects of this project before, during, and after the event and will be the point of contact for Bay Ridge and the Winder Relief Supervisor. Patrick will be working closely with the Meal and Volunteer Staff Coordinators to plan the logistics for the entire event.
Listed below are the various positions that we need to fill. With each position title is the number of individuals needed to fill these roles. Also included is a brief description of the tasks associated with the position.
Please read over this list and consider where you and your family may play a role. Some of the positions cannot be filled by minors. However, there are many positions in which our children would be very welcome participants.
Also bear in mind that not every position needs to be filled individually. In other words the position of evening driver could be the same person each night, or two individuals for the week. Most of the tasks can be doubled up on fairly easily.
After you've had a chance to look over the list and to pray for direction would you please contact Patrick to let them know that you’re on board. We need to know how many people we have behind this effort so that we can move forward with it.
The volunteer positions needing to be filled are:
- 1 Meal Coordinator to be responsible to oversee the meal planning, and meal team coordination. This person will schedule the various meal teams and will be the go-between for the meal teams and the Site Coordinator.
- 1 Volunteer Staff Coordinator to be responsible to oversee and coordinate the various volunteer teams. This person will be the go-between for the volunteer teams and the Site coordinator.
- 7 Dinner Teams (consisting of 4 people to be responsible to arrange, prepare, serve and clean up dinner for our guests. Dinner prep will begin at 4:00 PM, and dinner will be served between 6:00 - 6:30 PM.
- 7 Breakfast Meal teams consisting of 2 people and the 2 Night Hosts to be responsible to arrange, prepare, serve and clean up breakfast for our guests. Breakfast prep will begin at 5:15 AM and breakfast will be served from 6:00 - 6:30 AM.
- 1 Sunday Lunch Meal team consisting of 4 - 5 people to be responsible to arrange, prepare, serve and clean up lunch for our guests on Sunday. Lunch will be served after Sunday service.
- 7 Evening Host teams consisting of 2 people to be on site at the church from 5:15 - 11:00 PM and will be responsible for the comfort and security of our guests. (An example of potential amenities which may be provided are activities, Bible study, games, social events, laundry and movies. None of the activities provided will be mandatory.)
- 7 Night Host teams consisting of 2 people to be on site at the church from 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM. This team will be responsible for the comfort and security of our guests while they sleep. This team will wake the guests at 6:00 AM and will assist the Breakfast Meal team in their duties.
- 7 Morning Drivers to transport the guests to a designated drop-off point in Annapolis at 7:00 AM. The driver will use the church van and will need to make two trips to ferry all of the guests before returning the van to the church.
- 7 Evening Drivers to transport the guests from the Light House Shelter in Annapolis to the church at 5:00 PM. The driver will use the church van and will need to make two trips in order to ferry all of the guests.
- A Facility and Grounds team consisting of 5 - 10 people will also be needed and to be responsible to prepare the sleeping, living, eating, and bathing areas for our guests. This team will also be responsible for returning these areas to their normal functional set up as needed.
If you would like more information or to volunteer, contact Patrick Allison.